Conduent Field Technician in Somerset, New Jersey
Job Description: Field Technician
A fully qualified technician, the Field Technician applies a working knowledge of computer science & electronics accompanied with technical concepts, practices and procedures to a wide variety of assignments. The incumbent generally is a member of the customer support team and works on light to moderately complex work orders with normal to critical deadlines, and typically operates independently to troubleshoot hardware, software, equipment problems with general oversight on more complex assignments.
Essential Job Duties
· Maintain Ticket Vending Machines & Ticket Operator Machines on a Monthly & Quarterly basis or as needed to include.
1. Cleanliness of interior & exterior Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs), Ticket Operator Machines (TOM).
2. Detect & Resolve Component wear & tear.
· Provide quick response to Work Orders sent via Work Order Management System.
· Troubleshoot & Resolve Machine Hardware electrical, electronic, communication, & functionality related issues for resolution and maximum uptime on new & existing systems.
· Interface with Various IT departments to resolve software issues detected internal or external to TVMs/TOMs.
· Assist in training new hires.
· Keep inventory of replacement parts, tools & cleaning supplies within a company assigned Vehicle or Local storage location.
· Communicate regularly with Customer Care Department to resolve Work Order Issues and/or report new issues via company assigned mobile phone.
· Uses standard hand tools and technical manuals.
· May be floating or stationary.
· Flexible schedule
· Ability to work nights, Week-ends &/or Holidays.
· Must be a Team Player.
Education & Experience:
· High School Diploma
· Military or Technical training or equivalent work experience in the Field of Computer Science and electronics.
Internal candidates must not have any written disciplinary actions within the last 3 months. Only candidates who meet the above requirements will be contacted. All applications must be made by applying through the Career Portal in InfoBank. Internal applicants must notify their immediate supervisor/manager before applying. PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate may be required to retake a drug screen and/or background check
Job IM Support
Primary Location United States-New Jersey-Somerset
Unposting Date Dec 7, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: 18031594